Why blog? Here are 10 reasons your business should have a blog.
When considering your company’s website, a blog can offer unique ways to increase your traffic, decrease your bounce rate, and provide a better experience for your visitors. Blogging, in and of itself, is an integral part of your SEO Search Engine Optimization plan and your overall search marketing strategy…..or at least it should be. Not convinced? Here are ten reasons your business should have a blog, and why we believe your company should be blogging on a regular basis.
1. Do you know your stuff? A blog helps showcase your expertise for all to see, and this is a great way for your site to build confidence with potential clients. For example, if the company I work for wanted to focus on Search Engine Optimization, then I might write a blog about how search engine optimization can benefit others, or maybe blog about some reasons your company should have a blog. :-) (yes I just put an emoticon on a web page…whatever)
2. Done right, blogs provide a blank canvas for adding relevant internal and external links to relevant content. While links are not as important as they used to be, they should still play a part in your overall game plan.
3. Google authorship is huge and so are the benefits. A blog done right (with Google Author) will place you high in the search engines along with special props, like your picture and links back to your profile. This also helps to further establish you as an expert in your field.
4. A blog can help improve customer service. Believe it or not, many customers will scour your website looking for the answers they need to questions you probably hear every day. Why not blog about these issues and post them to your company’s website? This will help customers find the information they need quickly and help reduce calls and emails to your support center.
5. Can anyone say, “Social Media”? That’s right, using social media to promote a good blog post is guaranteed to produce new traffic from potential leads.
6. Original content. Google is always looking for original content and blogs provide huge amounts of original content. If you care about your website ranking, the bottom line is that content is king. Did you hear me? Content is king. Okay, one more time. CONTENT IS KING!!! The more you write, the better you’ll do.
7. Okay….number 7. I feel that this is a good opportunity to give you a friendly reminder of what we said in bullet point 6. “Original Content” If you decide to copy and paste somebody else’s blog into your blog, you might as well hang a banner outside your business that says, “I am a failure, please do not shop here”. Google HATES duplicate content. DON’T DO IT. It’s not worth it.
8. You own your blog. That’s right, if you heed our advice from reasons 6 and 7, then you will have solid content that you own benefitting your company. Content that can be used in mailers, brochures, seminars and more.
9. Keeping people on your site can help the bottom line. The longer a visitor stays on your site, the more likely that visitor will buy one of your products, call with questions, or sign up for your services. This is one of the biggest reasons blogs are so successful.
10. Staying active with blog posts, at least once a month, shows customers that you are still in business, and it also shows them that you enjoy what you do. Plus, a great blog will lead to great comments, which helps keep your blog active for a much longer time.
Yes, blogs are important, but what if you don’t have time to blog on a regular basis? Do you need help managing your social networks? At MonsterWeb, we can help. Check out the services we offer here, or email for additional assistance.